Friday, July 29, 2011

Wiki Update

Soo...

Came across this blog from the States which I am following...it's really quite educational and you can glean for what your interested in. Came across a load of information on using Wiki's in a Library. Easy to read and take it in. Mind you as with lot's of the Wikis I found previously this dated 2006. Must have been about the time Wikis  were the new emerging Web 2.0 tool.
At work this week I 'overheard' a conversation that suggested a Wiki could be used to gather information from a particular group of people and also follow on with clear instructions on how to partake in an upcoming event. Maybe if it goes ahead a video could also be done for instruction and imbedded here?
Just thinking out load. Not saying I have changed my mind or have been sold on them, but I now have my eye's opened here and may just come around...

2 comments:

  1. Would be interested in having the URL for information on using Wikis in a library. I am just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kerry, click on the word 'Wiki' in the third row it is the link. I may have to change the colour of these if you haven't noticed them. I have lot's of links throughout, maybe they aren't obvious enough :/

    ReplyDelete