Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Facebook

David Lee King has an informative blog on using Facebook to promote your library. It has lot's of links including one to the magazine American Libraries for which he wrote this particular piece titled 'Facebook for Libraries'.

After reading these and looking at the statistics he uses, as well as seeing how some mainland  Libraries are using Facebook. I'm even keener to see it used at my local. It just makes sense really. 

Personally I am a 'Friend' of a couple of them and find it very unobtrusive when they pop up on my news feed or event invitations are in their compartmentalised section. It's not like some people who I am 'Friends' with and they post hundreds! Now that I find irritating, but I don't want to miss the things that I'm interested in...damned if I keep it, damned if I don't... I digress...

Yes I really like this idea it could be really fun. Would love to see more Australian Libraries embrace it.

I have even started my version. Mother Moonshine's Life Long Learning Library Likes. Come visit.
'Like' me and keep up to date with some of the quirky and sometimes daggy things I include.

No comments:

Post a Comment