Sunday, August 28, 2011

RSS Could there be a more positive side to this application?

I came across a Library in the ACT, the New Gungahlin Library, using a 'Gadget' on their home page that led me to believe it allowed you to specifically target what you want in your feed. Or at least narrow it down to a Blog or eNewsletter. I've been complaining about there not been anything like this for ages. Maybe Australia is setting the pace? It is the first website Ive seen using anything like it! But alas no...just a gadget lookalike. In fact when you click on either one of them it is a link to 'Libraries ACT Blog' and their eNewsletter subscription page. Got my hopes up for nothing!

You never know, one day in the near future you may even be able to narrow it further by subject category. To begin with maybe not too specific...

Web 2.0, Digital Conservation, Book Binding, Book Restoration. 

Or if you really wanted to dream... 
Digital Conservation of 1912 photographs, Book Binding in the 19th Century or repairing torn pages.

Having my curiosity peaked I did some research on Blogger and they don't have anything new that is remotely like it.  Although they are experimenting with some new features, that we are able to take part in. 

Seems Blogger is having one of it's 'glitches' on me! Rotten thing is putting line spacing in where ever it feels like today as well showing Confessions of a Curator having her last post three years ago! Where in fact it was only two days ago. Nothing I do will change either problem - I've tried for hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment